Great weather for ducks as stars turn out for Canary Wharf ice rink’s grand opening
THE weather was better for swimming than skating as the Canary Wharf Ice Rink was officially opened last Thursday.
So no wonder the great and good of Canary Wharf chose to stay indoors with a glass in their hand instead of venturing out in pouring rain.
Guests including Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick and actress Cleo Rocos joined ice rink owner Brian Jokat to toast the opening on Friday night.
The ice was in use, however, as a professional dance troupe showed off some stunning moves despite the rain and former Dancing on Ice contestant Sharron Davies re-created tricks she learnt on the show.
“It a beautiful setting here – what an amazing place to skate,” said the retired swimmer. “It’s a great way to be outside and spending time with family.”
You may also want to watch:
The rink was opened to the public the following day and will be in Canada Square Park until February 20.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family