Green campaigners get ready for London's Camp for Climate Action
GREEN activists have been preparing banners at an East End community centre in advance of this week s climate camp in London. Thousands of people are expected to gather at the Camp for Climate Action which starts at a secret location on Wednesday and co
GREEN activists have been preparing banners at an East End community centre in advance of this week's climate camp in London.
Thousands of people are expected to gather at the Camp for Climate Action which starts at a secret location on Wednesday and continues until September 2.
Campaigners got creative at the RampArts Centre in Rampart Street, Whitechapel and used paints and sewing machines to help them create eye-catching banners working round the clock with people putting in the hours after their day jobs had finished.
Spokesman Merlin Hayward said: "We can no longer wait for the governments of the world to save us from the biggest threat human kind has ever faced - climate change.
You may also want to watch:
"Our natural carbon sinks continue to be destroyed while more fossil fuels are lifted from the ground, destroying the chance of a hopeful future and the lungs of the world. It's time for everyday people like us to take action. If we don't, no-one else will.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 9 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient