Green campaigners get ready for London's Camp for Climate Action
GREEN activists have been preparing banners at an East End community centre in advance of this week s climate camp in London. Thousands of people are expected to gather at the Camp for Climate Action which starts at a secret location on Wednesday and co
GREEN activists have been preparing banners at an East End community centre in advance of this week's climate camp in London.
Thousands of people are expected to gather at the Camp for Climate Action which starts at a secret location on Wednesday and continues until September 2.
Campaigners got creative at the RampArts Centre in Rampart Street, Whitechapel and used paints and sewing machines to help them create eye-catching banners working round the clock with people putting in the hours after their day jobs had finished.
Spokesman Merlin Hayward said: "We can no longer wait for the governments of the world to save us from the biggest threat human kind has ever faced - climate change.
You may also want to watch:
"Our natural carbon sinks continue to be destroyed while more fossil fuels are lifted from the ground, destroying the chance of a hopeful future and the lungs of the world. It's time for everyday people like us to take action. If we don't, no-one else will.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block