Green campaigners get ready for London's Camp for Climate Action
GREEN activists have been preparing banners at an East End community centre in advance of this week s climate camp in London. Thousands of people are expected to gather at the Camp for Climate Action which starts at a secret location on Wednesday and co
GREEN activists have been preparing banners at an East End community centre in advance of this week's climate camp in London.
Thousands of people are expected to gather at the Camp for Climate Action which starts at a secret location on Wednesday and continues until September 2.
Campaigners got creative at the RampArts Centre in Rampart Street, Whitechapel and used paints and sewing machines to help them create eye-catching banners working round the clock with people putting in the hours after their day jobs had finished.
Spokesman Merlin Hayward said: "We can no longer wait for the governments of the world to save us from the biggest threat human kind has ever faced - climate change.
You may also want to watch:
"Our natural carbon sinks continue to be destroyed while more fossil fuels are lifted from the ground, destroying the chance of a hopeful future and the lungs of the world. It's time for everyday people like us to take action. If we don't, no-one else will.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report