Green Party selects Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow
THE Green Party has announced that anti-war campaigner Farid Bakht will be the party s Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow in this year s General Election. Mr Bakht, who has run a telecoms and software businesses in Whitechapel and Brick Lan
THE Green Party has announced that anti-war campaigner Farid Bakht will be the party's Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow in this year's General Election.
Mr Bakht, who has run a telecoms and software businesses in Whitechapel and Brick Lane for the past twelve years, said: "Only Green policies can revive our high streets, create new jobs and offer protection against the harsh winds of recession.
"Roman Road and Bethnal Green markets would be priorities, as well as more investment in the 2012 Games with decent jobs for local people.
"We need to defend young people against the savage cuts to education and train them for jobs in the emerging green industries and abolish student tuition fees."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bakht, who was born in Hackney to a Spanish mother and Sylheti father, has a high profile role within the Green Party as International Coordinator on its National Executive Committee.
He is married and has a nine-year old daughter.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 9 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids