Green Party selects Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow
THE Green Party has announced that anti-war campaigner Farid Bakht will be the party s Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow in this year s General Election. Mr Bakht, who has run a telecoms and software businesses in Whitechapel and Brick Lan
THE Green Party has announced that anti-war campaigner Farid Bakht will be the party's Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow in this year's General Election.
Mr Bakht, who has run a telecoms and software businesses in Whitechapel and Brick Lane for the past twelve years, said: "Only Green policies can revive our high streets, create new jobs and offer protection against the harsh winds of recession.
"Roman Road and Bethnal Green markets would be priorities, as well as more investment in the 2012 Games with decent jobs for local people.
"We need to defend young people against the savage cuts to education and train them for jobs in the emerging green industries and abolish student tuition fees."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bakht, who was born in Hackney to a Spanish mother and Sylheti father, has a high profile role within the Green Party as International Coordinator on its National Executive Committee.
He is married and has a nine-year old daughter.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week