Green Party selects Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow
THE Green Party has announced that anti-war campaigner Farid Bakht will be the party s Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow in this year s General Election. Mr Bakht, who has run a telecoms and software businesses in Whitechapel and Brick Lan
THE Green Party has announced that anti-war campaigner Farid Bakht will be the party's Parliamentary candidate for Bethnal Green and Bow in this year's General Election.
Mr Bakht, who has run a telecoms and software businesses in Whitechapel and Brick Lane for the past twelve years, said: "Only Green policies can revive our high streets, create new jobs and offer protection against the harsh winds of recession.
"Roman Road and Bethnal Green markets would be priorities, as well as more investment in the 2012 Games with decent jobs for local people.
"We need to defend young people against the savage cuts to education and train them for jobs in the emerging green industries and abolish student tuition fees."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bakht, who was born in Hackney to a Spanish mother and Sylheti father, has a high profile role within the Green Party as International Coordinator on its National Executive Committee.
He is married and has a nine-year old daughter.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient