Green tips on offer at Canary Wharf
THE CANARY is changing colour from yellow to green. Business and shopping centre Canary Wharf is gearing up for its eighth annual Green Canary Day with a range of free events and stalls to encourage people to adopt a green lifestyle at home and at work.
THE CANARY is changing colour from yellow to green.
Business and shopping centre Canary Wharf is gearing up for its eighth annual Green Canary Day with a range of free events and stalls to encourage people to adopt a green lifestyle at home and at work.
Highlights of the events held on Friday October 2 from 10am to 4pm and from 10.30am to 4.30pm on Saturday October 3 include a team of falcons roving the Canary Wharf skyline to deter pigeons and 'plastic bag-free days,' with reusable cotton Green Canary Day bags handed out to shoppers throughout the malls.
More than thirty organisations will be running activities and exhibiting green products and services. on each of the two days.
You may also want to watch:
This year's event also includes a competition for the under 16s to come up with ten words explaining why it's 'good to be green.' The prize is a bicycle and accessories from Evans Cycles in Canary Wharf.
Canary Wharf Group was named one of the Sunday Times 60 Best Green Companies in the UK in 2009.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election