Guided walks help unveil East End’s hidden gems
Guided walks exploring the East End’s hidden gems are on offer for free later this month.
Residents are being urged to take advantage of some of the 30 walks on offer, during which experts will help them get to grips with the area’s rich history and landscape.
The ‘Winter Wanders’ - organised by Transport for London – are of various lengths and are open to people of all ages and walking abilities.
Lilli Matson, of TfL, said the walks should help encourage people to explore the capital on foot more regularly.
Available routes include City Hall to Canary Wharf, and Tower Hill to Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
The walks will be held on Saturday, January 26. For more information, visit www.walklondon.org.uk
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse