Hackney Marshes sex attacker’s friend: Justice must take its course’
A FORMER student friend of a man jailed for a sex attack on a woman jogger on Hackney Marshes has told the East London Advertiser that justice must take its course.’ The attacker, Adelani Aderemi, 23, faces deportation back to Nigeria after serving his sentence
A FORMER student friend of a man jailed for a sex attack on a woman jogger on Hackney Marshes has told the East London Advertiser that justice must take its course.’
The attacker, Adelani Aderemi, 23, was told by a judge this week that he faces deportation back to Nigeria after serving his seven years’ jail.
“How he evolved from the person I know to one who assaults women eludes me,” his old college classmate says. “As much as Akamo is my friend, it’s only fair that justice take its course. He was the type who wouldn’t harm a fly.”
The friend, who has asked not to be identified, says he was a fellow-student at Babcock University, a Seventh Day Adventist institution in Nigeria.
You may also want to watch:
“Akamo was playful, jovial and everyone in the class loved him for his ability to humour us,” he writes. “This is in no way to justify his actions. My intention is just to shed more light on the kind of person he was.”
He adds: “My prayers go to the victim and I hope she recovers from this shock and moves on with her life.”
Akamo, who was living in East London, admitted sexual assault and GBH at Snaresbrook Crown court, following the attack in September when he was caught red-handed by passers-by and held until police arrived.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job