Hackney Wick arts venue launches fundraising drive
A performance art space in Hackney Wick which has nurtured more than 200 artists is launching a fundraising drive to ensure it can continue offering art to the public for free.
The ]performance s p a c e[ [sic] venue is run by artists, and incorporates studios as well as events spaces to develop talent, at no public cost.
But the people behind the project fear that its model is no longer sustainable, and are appealing for people to contribute to keep the project free.
The venue’s creative directors Bean and Benjamin Sebastian said: “We are proud to be part of this area and its creative legacy that will be read about in years to come.
“However, like many creative areas before us, the focus is now changing and we are having to rethink how we move forward to continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to contribute to the venue can do so http://saveps.tumblr.com.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19