Hackney Wick arts venue launches fundraising drive
A performance art space in Hackney Wick which has nurtured more than 200 artists is launching a fundraising drive to ensure it can continue offering art to the public for free.
The ]performance s p a c e[ [sic] venue is run by artists, and incorporates studios as well as events spaces to develop talent, at no public cost.
But the people behind the project fear that its model is no longer sustainable, and are appealing for people to contribute to keep the project free.
The venue’s creative directors Bean and Benjamin Sebastian said: “We are proud to be part of this area and its creative legacy that will be read about in years to come.
“However, like many creative areas before us, the focus is now changing and we are having to rethink how we move forward to continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to contribute to the venue can do so http://saveps.tumblr.com.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 6 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 9 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences