Hairdressing snippet: Joshua Galvin academy in Bethnal Green gets Standard Matrix award
- Credit: Joshua Galvin Academy
What a snip for Bethnal Green’s Joshua Galvin hairdressing academy whose staff have been awarded the prestigious Matrix Standard again.
Staff and learners at the training centre faced a series of in-depth interviews by assessors over three days about training.
Even their sub-contractors were questioned about the careers advice and guidance the academy gives.
Academy chairman Martin Kolton has cut a dash as a long-time advocate of apprenticeships. He started out as an apprentice himself in his youth once.
“Much of my career has been championing apprenticeships and training young people,” he said. “That commitment and passion is shared by the whole team, supporting trainees in their education so they get the best start to a career, which is now recognised by Matrix Standard assessors once again.”
You may also want to watch:
There was “a great energy and focus” assessors found in the academy in Hollybush Gardens, off Bethnal Green Road. The team-based culture was producing a “motivating atmosphere” for hairdressing learners.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs