Hairdressing snippet: Joshua Galvin academy in Bethnal Green gets Standard Matrix award
- Credit: Joshua Galvin Academy
What a snip for Bethnal Green’s Joshua Galvin hairdressing academy whose staff have been awarded the prestigious Matrix Standard again.
Staff and learners at the training centre faced a series of in-depth interviews by assessors over three days about training.
Even their sub-contractors were questioned about the careers advice and guidance the academy gives.
Academy chairman Martin Kolton has cut a dash as a long-time advocate of apprenticeships. He started out as an apprentice himself in his youth once.
“Much of my career has been championing apprenticeships and training young people,” he said. “That commitment and passion is shared by the whole team, supporting trainees in their education so they get the best start to a career, which is now recognised by Matrix Standard assessors once again.”
You may also want to watch:
There was “a great energy and focus” assessors found in the academy in Hollybush Gardens, off Bethnal Green Road. The team-based culture was producing a “motivating atmosphere” for hairdressing learners.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger