Halving bus routes makes them more reliable
Dear Ed, BILL Tomlinson perhaps has a point when he mentions curtailment of bus routes in Central London. But the reason many cross-London services were halved’ was to provide a more reliable service with shorter waiting times
BILL Tomlinson perhaps has a point when he mentions curtailment of bus routes in Central London (Increases are Just Not Fare, Advertiser Website Letters, July 1.
But the reason many cross-London services were halved’ was to provide a more reliable service with shorter waiting times, which has been achieved in most cases. I often had to wait 45 minutes for a No 6 bus to come from Kensal Rise before going anywhere.
Yes, you do now have to shell out more in certain cases, as Bill points out, but there are substantial savings to be made elsewhere.
The integration of the North London Line into London Underground means you now only have to pay once, as opposed to paying for the Overground’ and then again for the Underground. A single from Hackney Central to East Ham, for example, is now just �1.10, saving well over half.
You may also want to watch:
It is swings and roundabouts’ and simply confirms that everyone has to come to terms with change. Who would want to spend 90 minutes on a bus in today’s day and age anyway?
As for route 6a, it hasn’t run in nearly 40 years. Where have you been, Bill?
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
Meadow Close, Homerton