Halving bus routes makes them more reliable
Dear Ed, BILL Tomlinson perhaps has a point when he mentions curtailment of bus routes in Central London. But the reason many cross-London services were halved’ was to provide a more reliable service with shorter waiting times
BILL Tomlinson perhaps has a point when he mentions curtailment of bus routes in Central London (Increases are Just Not Fare, Advertiser Website Letters, July 1.
But the reason many cross-London services were halved’ was to provide a more reliable service with shorter waiting times, which has been achieved in most cases. I often had to wait 45 minutes for a No 6 bus to come from Kensal Rise before going anywhere.
Yes, you do now have to shell out more in certain cases, as Bill points out, but there are substantial savings to be made elsewhere.
The integration of the North London Line into London Underground means you now only have to pay once, as opposed to paying for the Overground’ and then again for the Underground. A single from Hackney Central to East Ham, for example, is now just �1.10, saving well over half.
You may also want to watch:
It is swings and roundabouts’ and simply confirms that everyone has to come to terms with change. Who would want to spend 90 minutes on a bus in today’s day and age anyway?
As for route 6a, it hasn’t run in nearly 40 years. Where have you been, Bill?
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
Meadow Close, Homerton