Hammers legend Tony Cottee previews West Ham v Wigan Athletic
A draw is not good enough for West Ham
Normally I would be confident that West Ham could beat Wigan, but after Saturday’s performance against Liverpool that belief has decreased a fair amount.
What I do know is that it is a must-win game for West Ham. A draw is just not good enough.
West Ham are five points adrift and taking on another team in the drop zone at home, gives us a chance to close the gap.
Their star man Hugo Rodallega was sent off against Manchester United last Saturday and won’t play and that will be a big blow to Wigan, but they have other players who could cause problems.
Charles N’Zogbia will be a threat wherever he plays on the pitch. He is an excellent passer of a ball has a fantastic shot and could be a real creative force.
I also rate youngster Victor Moses highly and he will be the one who could replace Rodallega up front.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 6 Commercial Road flat damaged in Whitechapel blaze
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies
- 9 O's manager Jackett will evaluate team ahead of Northampton Town trip
- 10 Mandatory jabs could deal 'big hit' to east London NHS staffing, says health boss
I and the fans really want to see 11 players roll up their sleeves on Saturday and give their all for the cause.
If West Ham give their all on Saturday and lose, I’m sure the fans will understand, but in reality if everyone gives their all, the Hammers should be too strong.
It’s great that Scott Parker is back, but West Ham cannot constantly rely on just one man to win them the game.
The fans are running out of patience and it will mean a lot to see the players give their all for the cause.