Hammers legend Tony Cottee previews West Ham v Wigan Athletic
A draw is not good enough for West Ham
Normally I would be confident that West Ham could beat Wigan, but after Saturday’s performance against Liverpool that belief has decreased a fair amount.
What I do know is that it is a must-win game for West Ham. A draw is just not good enough.
West Ham are five points adrift and taking on another team in the drop zone at home, gives us a chance to close the gap.
Their star man Hugo Rodallega was sent off against Manchester United last Saturday and won’t play and that will be a big blow to Wigan, but they have other players who could cause problems.
You may also want to watch:
Charles N’Zogbia will be a threat wherever he plays on the pitch. He is an excellent passer of a ball has a fantastic shot and could be a real creative force.
I also rate youngster Victor Moses highly and he will be the one who could replace Rodallega up front.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
I and the fans really want to see 11 players roll up their sleeves on Saturday and give their all for the cause.
If West Ham give their all on Saturday and lose, I’m sure the fans will understand, but in reality if everyone gives their all, the Hammers should be too strong.
It’s great that Scott Parker is back, but West Ham cannot constantly rely on just one man to win them the game.
The fans are running out of patience and it will mean a lot to see the players give their all for the cause.