Hardship’ cash for East London jobless to get into film and TV
A NEW training scheme for people on the dole in East London who want to break into film and TV is being set up with a Government Hardship’ grant. The course gives training in production and a chance for work placements in the industry for 40 unemployed
A NEW training scheme for people on the dole in East London who want to break into film and television is being set up with a �100,000 Government 'Hardship' grant.
The six-month course starting in February is giving training in production and a chance for work placements in the industry for 40 unemployed men and women from Tower Hamlets and neighbouring Hackney and Newham.
It is being organised at Bethnal Green's Four Corners training studios in Roman Road.
The studios' development director Carla Mitchell said: "Hardship Fund support means we can continue free training for disadvantaged people at a time of increased demand for more diverse young talent. It will provide a chance to develop a career in film and TV."
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for applications is February 1. The studios are also holding an Open Day on January 26, 11am-4pm.
The �16.7 million Hardship Fund was announced by the Chancellor in his April Budget to help voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises suffering financial hardship which is affecting their ability to carry out services.
This includes nearly �2,300,000 to 23 London organisations like Four Corners, independent training provider for creative media and centre for film and photographic arts.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust