Have-a-go heroes free woman trapped under car in Spitalfields accident
The group of ten bystanders helped free the woman cyclist who was trapped under a car after a collision last night.
They lifted the car off the woman, thought to be in her 20s, and rolled it to its side to free her.
The accident, which ocurred about 8.30pm on Commercial Street at the junction with Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, involved a car and a cyclist.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service were among the emergency services who attended the scene.
Duty station officer, Nick Osborne, said: “The patient was trapped under a car but around 10 bystanders lifted the car off the patient and rolled it on its side. The patient was very unwell and by moving the car our medics could get immediate access to her.
You may also want to watch:
“We called London Fire Brigade who arrived to make the car safe.”
The woman was treated at the scene for a head injury and was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital by ground ambulance, escorted by the air ambulance doctor.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park