Have a say on sprucing up parks in Tower Hamlets
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks. Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun. Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity o
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks.
Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun.
Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity of plants to encourage wildlife, and new and resurfaced paths. There will also be a focus on making visitors feel safer by improving entrances, lighting, and pruning some trees and shrubs to increase visibility.
Some of the funding has come for developers who have a legal obligation to give something back to the community.
Parks set to benefit from the funding include Allen Gardens, Stepney Green Gardens, Wapping Gardens, Tredegar Square, Centrell Road Open Space, Poplar Park, St John's Park, Millwall Park, Meath Gardens and Bethnal Green Gardens.
Money has also been put aside for the Victoria Park master plan.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 7 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parks to take part in the consultation.