Have a say on sprucing up parks in Tower Hamlets
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks. Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun. Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity o
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks.
Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun.
Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity of plants to encourage wildlife, and new and resurfaced paths. There will also be a focus on making visitors feel safer by improving entrances, lighting, and pruning some trees and shrubs to increase visibility.
Some of the funding has come for developers who have a legal obligation to give something back to the community.
You may also want to watch:
Parks set to benefit from the funding include Allen Gardens, Stepney Green Gardens, Wapping Gardens, Tredegar Square, Centrell Road Open Space, Poplar Park, St John's Park, Millwall Park, Meath Gardens and Bethnal Green Gardens.
Money has also been put aside for the Victoria Park master plan.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parks to take part in the consultation.