Have a say on sprucing up parks in Tower Hamlets
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks. Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun. Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity o
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks.
Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun.
Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity of plants to encourage wildlife, and new and resurfaced paths. There will also be a focus on making visitors feel safer by improving entrances, lighting, and pruning some trees and shrubs to increase visibility.
Some of the funding has come for developers who have a legal obligation to give something back to the community.
You may also want to watch:
Parks set to benefit from the funding include Allen Gardens, Stepney Green Gardens, Wapping Gardens, Tredegar Square, Centrell Road Open Space, Poplar Park, St John's Park, Millwall Park, Meath Gardens and Bethnal Green Gardens.
Money has also been put aside for the Victoria Park master plan.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parks to take part in the consultation.