Have a say on sprucing up parks in Tower Hamlets
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks. Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun. Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity o
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks.
Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun.
Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity of plants to encourage wildlife, and new and resurfaced paths. There will also be a focus on making visitors feel safer by improving entrances, lighting, and pruning some trees and shrubs to increase visibility.
Some of the funding has come for developers who have a legal obligation to give something back to the community.
You may also want to watch:
Parks set to benefit from the funding include Allen Gardens, Stepney Green Gardens, Wapping Gardens, Tredegar Square, Centrell Road Open Space, Poplar Park, St John's Park, Millwall Park, Meath Gardens and Bethnal Green Gardens.
Money has also been put aside for the Victoria Park master plan.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parks to take part in the consultation.