Have a say on sprucing up parks in Tower Hamlets
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks. Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun. Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity o
People in the East End can have their say on improvement plans for public parks.
Tower Hamlets Council is spending �2m on trying to make ten parks better places to relax and have fun.
Improvements are set to include play equipment, a greater diversity of plants to encourage wildlife, and new and resurfaced paths. There will also be a focus on making visitors feel safer by improving entrances, lighting, and pruning some trees and shrubs to increase visibility.
Some of the funding has come for developers who have a legal obligation to give something back to the community.
You may also want to watch:
Parks set to benefit from the funding include Allen Gardens, Stepney Green Gardens, Wapping Gardens, Tredegar Square, Centrell Road Open Space, Poplar Park, St John's Park, Millwall Park, Meath Gardens and Bethnal Green Gardens.
Money has also been put aside for the Victoria Park master plan.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parks to take part in the consultation.