How many Covid patients are in east London hospitals amid booster blitz
- Credit: PA
With people up and down the country rushing to get booster jabs, how many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals at the moment?
Figures from Barts Health NHS Trust show there were 154 cases of lab-confirmed Covid across its five hospitals as of this morning (December 16).
This compares with 130 on December 10.
A total of 37 of those patients were being treated in critical care beds, or receiving enhanced levels of oxygen.
Fifteen of the current cases were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, Mile End Hospital and Newham Hospital in Plaistow.
Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge, and St Bartholomew's in the City of London are also managed by the trust.
Throughout the pandemic, a total of 2,036 patients admitted with confirmed Covid had died across the hospitals as of 5pm yesterday (December 15).
- 1 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 6 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 7 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 8 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Leyton Orient's Smyth draws positives from point at Swindon
Another 21,923 people with Covid have recovered and been discharged in that time.