Best fancy dress runner gets to fly air ambulance over London
One of the volunteers in fancy dress taking part in a fun run to raise money next month for the air ambulance based at the Royal London Hospital is in for an exhilarating helicopter ride.
It’s the first prize for the best fancy dress in a sponsored 5k fun run staged in Regent’s Park on September 18.
There’s no minimum sponsorship—just as much as people can raise whether they run, walk, skip, jump or do the conga.
The lucky fancy dress winner gets a helicopter flight from Denham airfield across London to the helipad on top of the hospital in Whitechapel, then meets the ‘rapid response’ medical team who perform life-saving roadside operations.
Others who get to fly in the helicopter are not so lucky—those seriously ill or injured who are air-lifted to the Royal London as emergencies.
You may also want to watch:
Four air-ambulance patients, however, returned to take part in last year’s fun run to show their support for the service that needs �1.5 million a year to keep flying.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided