Best fancy dress runner gets to fly air ambulance over London
One of the volunteers in fancy dress taking part in a fun run to raise money next month for the air ambulance based at the Royal London Hospital is in for an exhilarating helicopter ride.
It’s the first prize for the best fancy dress in a sponsored 5k fun run staged in Regent’s Park on September 18.
There’s no minimum sponsorship—just as much as people can raise whether they run, walk, skip, jump or do the conga.
The lucky fancy dress winner gets a helicopter flight from Denham airfield across London to the helipad on top of the hospital in Whitechapel, then meets the ‘rapid response’ medical team who perform life-saving roadside operations.
Others who get to fly in the helicopter are not so lucky—those seriously ill or injured who are air-lifted to the Royal London as emergencies.
You may also want to watch:
Four air-ambulance patients, however, returned to take part in last year’s fun run to show their support for the service that needs �1.5 million a year to keep flying.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike