Best fancy dress runner gets to fly air ambulance over London
One of the volunteers in fancy dress taking part in a fun run to raise money next month for the air ambulance based at the Royal London Hospital is in for an exhilarating helicopter ride.
It’s the first prize for the best fancy dress in a sponsored 5k fun run staged in Regent’s Park on September 18.
There’s no minimum sponsorship—just as much as people can raise whether they run, walk, skip, jump or do the conga.
The lucky fancy dress winner gets a helicopter flight from Denham airfield across London to the helipad on top of the hospital in Whitechapel, then meets the ‘rapid response’ medical team who perform life-saving roadside operations.
Others who get to fly in the helicopter are not so lucky—those seriously ill or injured who are air-lifted to the Royal London as emergencies.
You may also want to watch:
Four air-ambulance patients, however, returned to take part in last year’s fun run to show their support for the service that needs �1.5 million a year to keep flying.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial