Comic Hardeep Singh Kohli visits Brick Lane
East Enders tried their hardest to keep a straight face in front of comedian Hardeep Singh Kohli when he visited Brick Lane on Sunday.
Anyone daring enough was challenged with coming face-to-face with the comedian, literally, to see how long they could last without smirking.
But there was a more serious tone to the event as he was in the area to help raise awareness of blood cancer.
Charity Anthony Nolan is on a mission to recruit an extra 2,000 donors to its stem cell register, in particular men aged between 18 and 30 as they make the best donors yet account for just 12 per cent of the list.
The day was a success with 90 visitors signing up at the charity’s temporary stall.
You may also want to watch:
Stem cell transplants can replace a damaged immune system in a person with blood cancer.
But the charity currently only finds matching donors for half its patients.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week