Comic Hardeep Singh Kohli visits Brick Lane
East Enders tried their hardest to keep a straight face in front of comedian Hardeep Singh Kohli when he visited Brick Lane on Sunday.
Anyone daring enough was challenged with coming face-to-face with the comedian, literally, to see how long they could last without smirking.
But there was a more serious tone to the event as he was in the area to help raise awareness of blood cancer.
Charity Anthony Nolan is on a mission to recruit an extra 2,000 donors to its stem cell register, in particular men aged between 18 and 30 as they make the best donors yet account for just 12 per cent of the list.
The day was a success with 90 visitors signing up at the charity’s temporary stall.
You may also want to watch:
Stem cell transplants can replace a damaged immune system in a person with blood cancer.
But the charity currently only finds matching donors for half its patients.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns