Covid-19 cases monthly fall at Barts Trust hospitals
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
The number of Covid-19 patients at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals has dropped in the past month, according to the latest figures.
As of 8am on September 23 (Thurs), the trust had 111 inpatients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Mile End Hospital; Newham Hospital; Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge; as well as St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London.
The figure constitutes a decline from the 143 Covid-19 inpatients reported by the trust on August 26.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, four were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 25 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on September 22, a total of 1,939 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health hospitals had died.
You may also want to watch:
More than 18,000 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospital have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences