Covid deaths hit 1,900 at Barts Trust's hospitals
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
New figures show just over 1,900 patients with Covid-19 have died at Barts Health NHS Trust-run hospitals.
As of 5pm on September 5, a total of 1,901 patients in the trust's five hospitals who had Covid-19 have died over the course of the pandemic.
Barts Health runs the Royal London, Whitechapel, Newham and Whipps Cross hospitals, as well as St Bartholomew’s in the City of London.
More than 17,500 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospitals have recovered and been discharged.
As of 8am yesterday (September 6), 148 in-patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 were staying at a trust hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The figure constitutes a small rise on the 143 Covid-19 in-patients reported by the trust on August 26.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, seven were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 42 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory