Covid bulletin: June admissions steady at east London hospitals
- Credit: PA
Here is our weekly round-up of confirmed Covid patient numbers and admissions at east London hospitals.
We looked at the latest government data - up to Tuesday, June 7 - for the NHS trusts serving Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
A combined total of 28 Covid patients were at King George and Queen’s hospitals on Tuesday this week.
The same total was reported on the previous Tuesday (May 31) and since then, the number being treated each day has remained below 30.
On average, 27 beds were occupied by Covid patients each day at the hospitals in Goodmayes and Romford in the first week of this month (June 1-7).
The latest admissions figures show 18 people with Covid were admitted to the hospitals in the seven days up to last Sunday (June 5).
- 1 Polio outbreak detected in north and east London sewage
- 2 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 3 Police appeal to identify man in investigation into Subway robbery
- 4 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 5 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Campaign group aims to open new LGBTQI+ venue
- 8 Archie Battersbee case: Parents permitted to appeal judge's ruling
- 9 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
- 10 Jailed: 12 east London offenders put behind bars in May
By comparison, this was the same number as the week ending May 22.
A combined total of 64 Covid patients were in the five hospitals run by Barts Health on Tuesday.
The same number was reported last Saturday, which are the joint-lowest totals recorded on a since day since last July.
On average, there was 69 Covid patients at Barts Health hospitals – the Royal London, Mile End, Newham, Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew's – each day in the week ending Tuesday.
In the seven days up to last Sunday (June 5), a total of 38 Covid patients were admitted to hospital.
By comparison, 45 people with Covid were admitted in the week ending Sunday, May 22.