Dining out at a 5* restaurant? Try the wards at the Royal London Hospital
- Credit: Barts Trust
Hospital chiefs are turning to Michelin ‘star’ restaurants to help serve up new ideas to improve life for patients on the wards at the Royal London.
Barts Health NHS Trust which runs the hodspital in “Whitechapel and the Milk End, Newham General and St Bartholemew’s, is joining a national study to find out how posh restaurants give diners the five-star treatment.
“We’re looking for ways to improve patients’ experience,” Barts Health Trust’s Dr Sharon Weldon said. “We think there are lots we can learn from Michelin star restaurants.”
What they learn is to be recommended to improve NHS services, adapted for patients.
Researchers are spending time in top restaurants to find out—it’s a tough call, but someone’s got to do it.
You may also want to watch:
Public events being held next month to try first-hand the techniques observed include June 4 at Westminster Kingsway College (5-8pm), June 18 at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital (6.30-8.30pm) and June 25 at the Royal College of Nursing in Cavendish Square (2-7pm).
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel