Visit pharmacists for minor health problems, doctors urge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
GPs in Tower Hamlets have urged those feeling under the weather this winter to see a pharmacist early on to get expert advice and treatment.
As part of the NHS’ help us, help you campaign, GPs have stressed that pharmacists, who are qualified healthcare professionals, can help deal with minor health problems before they develop into something more serious.
This, among other things, applies to coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy troubles and aches and pains.
Dr Sam Everington, chairman of Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “Local pharmacy teams offer a fast and convenient clinical service for minor health concerns with no appointment needed and use of a private consultation room should it be required.
“If symptoms suggest it’s something more serious, pharmacists have the right clinical training to ensure people get the help they need immediately and can refer patients to a GP or A and E where necessary.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit nhs.uk/staywell
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape