Visit pharmacists for minor health problems, doctors urge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
GPs in Tower Hamlets have urged those feeling under the weather this winter to see a pharmacist early on to get expert advice and treatment.
As part of the NHS’ help us, help you campaign, GPs have stressed that pharmacists, who are qualified healthcare professionals, can help deal with minor health problems before they develop into something more serious.
This, among other things, applies to coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy troubles and aches and pains.
Dr Sam Everington, chairman of Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “Local pharmacy teams offer a fast and convenient clinical service for minor health concerns with no appointment needed and use of a private consultation room should it be required.
“If symptoms suggest it’s something more serious, pharmacists have the right clinical training to ensure people get the help they need immediately and can refer patients to a GP or A and E where necessary.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit nhs.uk/staywell
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings