Easter bunny hops into Royal London Hospital to cheer up the children
- Credit: Archant
The Easter bunny was early today when he hopped into the Royal London Hospital for a festive party in the children’s wards.
The young patients and their families spent the afternoon playing games, hopping around the department to live music and foraging for hidden treats.
Entertainers made sure they were kept amused with balloon-shapes, face painting and arts and crafts.
“Hospitals can be a daunting place for children,” nursing director Sally Shearer said.
“We always make every effort to bring home comforts to the wards and our team at special times of the year like Easter and go one step—or hop—further to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
Today’s party was laid on by the Rays of Sunshine charity working with hospitals to grant children’s wishes and run activities to make their stay a little brighter.
Children in hospitals across east London are enjoying an Easter treat with 1,000 chocolate eggs and small toys donated by staff, the community and companies as part of the Barts Health NHS Trust’s Bunny Rabbit Big Challenge appeal.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
Barts Charity’s Aneta Saunders said: “The children’s wards are being transformed into a Willy Wonka chocolate factory. Even the baby patients at the neonatal wards are getting gifts.”
Each child in hospital this Easter is getting a chocolate egg, book and soft toy.