Easter bunny hops into Royal London Hospital to cheer up the children
- Credit: Archant
The Easter bunny was early today when he hopped into the Royal London Hospital for a festive party in the children’s wards.
The young patients and their families spent the afternoon playing games, hopping around the department to live music and foraging for hidden treats.
Entertainers made sure they were kept amused with balloon-shapes, face painting and arts and crafts.
“Hospitals can be a daunting place for children,” nursing director Sally Shearer said.
“We always make every effort to bring home comforts to the wards and our team at special times of the year like Easter and go one step—or hop—further to achieve this.”
Today’s party was laid on by the Rays of Sunshine charity working with hospitals to grant children’s wishes and run activities to make their stay a little brighter.
Children in hospitals across east London are enjoying an Easter treat with 1,000 chocolate eggs and small toys donated by staff, the community and companies as part of the Barts Health NHS Trust’s Bunny Rabbit Big Challenge appeal.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
Barts Charity’s Aneta Saunders said: “The children’s wards are being transformed into a Willy Wonka chocolate factory. Even the baby patients at the neonatal wards are getting gifts.”
Each child in hospital this Easter is getting a chocolate egg, book and soft toy.