Free keep fit event for women in Tower Hamlets
Women still trying to lose the extra pounds piled on over Christmas are being urged to attend a free sports day.
The women-only event, on Sunday, January 20, is set to provide a range of activities, including badminton, netball, cricket, athletics, and Brazilian dance to help tackle the festive flab.
The day is being organised by Tower Hamlets Council’s Sport4Women programme and sports charity London Tigers.
Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “Sport4Woman is a fantastic way for more women to get involved in sports by delivering sessions in a female only environment with female coaches.
“There are so many activities on offer so please do come along to find the perfect sport for you.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at Mile End Leisure Centre, Burdett Road, from 1pm-5pm on January 20. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8709 4429.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion