Free keep fit event for women in Tower Hamlets
Women still trying to lose the extra pounds piled on over Christmas are being urged to attend a free sports day.
The women-only event, on Sunday, January 20, is set to provide a range of activities, including badminton, netball, cricket, athletics, and Brazilian dance to help tackle the festive flab.
The day is being organised by Tower Hamlets Council’s Sport4Women programme and sports charity London Tigers.
Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “Sport4Woman is a fantastic way for more women to get involved in sports by delivering sessions in a female only environment with female coaches.
“There are so many activities on offer so please do come along to find the perfect sport for you.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at Mile End Leisure Centre, Burdett Road, from 1pm-5pm on January 20. For more information, email email@example.com or call 020 8709 4429.
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt