Free keep fit event for women in Tower Hamlets
Women still trying to lose the extra pounds piled on over Christmas are being urged to attend a free sports day.
The women-only event, on Sunday, January 20, is set to provide a range of activities, including badminton, netball, cricket, athletics, and Brazilian dance to help tackle the festive flab.
The day is being organised by Tower Hamlets Council’s Sport4Women programme and sports charity London Tigers.
Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “Sport4Woman is a fantastic way for more women to get involved in sports by delivering sessions in a female only environment with female coaches.
“There are so many activities on offer so please do come along to find the perfect sport for you.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at Mile End Leisure Centre, Burdett Road, from 1pm-5pm on January 20. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8709 4429.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 10 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints