Free tours of Royal London Hospital research centre on offer
Free tours of a cutting edge research centre at the Royal London Hospital are on offer on Monday.
Residents of Tower Hamlets are being invited along to take a look around the hospital’s Clinical Research Centre.
During the visits, they will also get the chance to learn about cells and the human body at the Centre of the Cell, which is the first science education centre in the world to be located within research laboratories.
Neeta Patel is associate director for engagement at Barts Health Trust, which runs the hospital,
She said: “We are hosting these events so that members of the public can come and discover the different ways in how they can get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The first tour is on Monday, May 20, from 10am-11.45, with a second from 2.45pm-4.30 on the same day.
To reserve a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7363 8857.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines