Free tours of Royal London Hospital research centre on offer
Free tours of a cutting edge research centre at the Royal London Hospital are on offer on Monday.
Residents of Tower Hamlets are being invited along to take a look around the hospital’s Clinical Research Centre.
During the visits, they will also get the chance to learn about cells and the human body at the Centre of the Cell, which is the first science education centre in the world to be located within research laboratories.
Neeta Patel is associate director for engagement at Barts Health Trust, which runs the hospital,
She said: “We are hosting these events so that members of the public can come and discover the different ways in how they can get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The first tour is on Monday, May 20, from 10am-11.45, with a second from 2.45pm-4.30 on the same day.
To reserve a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7363 8857.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out