GPs in deprived Poplar pass the test in Care Quality inspection
- Credit: Google
Doctors have been given a clean bill of health at an NHS practice in London’s East End—one of 200 GP surgeries in the country being inspected by the Care Quality Commission.
Poplar’s Aberfeldy Practice in Ettrick Street, near the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach, was found to be “well run” and given a “good” rating by the commission, along with 64 other practices up and down the country.
“We have found that most care is good after reporting on 6,000 inspections,” Chief Inspector Prof Steve Field said. “Yet we still see evidence of too much poor care.
“But practices are making changes, with 90 per cent of those we’ve re-inspected having improved since last October.”
All GP practices are rated according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led, under CQC’s new programme of inspections.
You may also want to watch:
But 11 around the country have been found to “require improvement” and nine to be “inadequate” following the recent inspections.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney