GPs in deprived Poplar pass the test in Care Quality inspection
- Credit: Google
Doctors have been given a clean bill of health at an NHS practice in London’s East End—one of 200 GP surgeries in the country being inspected by the Care Quality Commission.
Poplar’s Aberfeldy Practice in Ettrick Street, near the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach, was found to be “well run” and given a “good” rating by the commission, along with 64 other practices up and down the country.
“We have found that most care is good after reporting on 6,000 inspections,” Chief Inspector Prof Steve Field said. “Yet we still see evidence of too much poor care.
“But practices are making changes, with 90 per cent of those we’ve re-inspected having improved since last October.”
All GP practices are rated according to whether they are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led, under CQC’s new programme of inspections.
You may also want to watch:
But 11 around the country have been found to “require improvement” and nine to be “inadequate” following the recent inspections.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Leyton Orient announce Embleton exit
- 5 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl
- 6 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 7 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 8 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 9 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 10 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago