Coronavirus: Limehouse children’s theatre offers free online access to performances
- Credit: Archant
A children’s theatre is putting productions online to keep youngsters entertained during the coronavirus pandemic.
Half Moon Theatre in White Horse Road, Limehouse, is offering families free access to performances, backstage interviews, photos and details about how shows are created.
Half Moon director, Chris Elwell, said: “During this incredibly difficult time, we are delighted to be able to bring exciting and adventurous children’s theatre to households right across the world.
“Technology can bring the cultural and creative world inside your home and we look forward to seeing how Half Moon Theatre at Home delights the community and provides a chance to continue to explore new horizons.”
Every Wednesday a new production will be available at halfmoon.org.uk/live
You may also want to watch:
Already online are the award-nominated Boy’s Don’t, a Half Moon Presents and Papertale production for ages eight to 12 year olds and adults, plus a co-production with Tangled Feet of Butterflies, for ages three to eight.
Future productions include the award-winning What Once Was Ours from April 8, and Little Help from April 15.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
Further titles are to be announced.