Coronavirus: Limehouse children’s theatre offers free online access to performances
- Credit: Archant
A children’s theatre is putting productions online to keep youngsters entertained during the coronavirus pandemic.
Half Moon Theatre in White Horse Road, Limehouse, is offering families free access to performances, backstage interviews, photos and details about how shows are created.
Half Moon director, Chris Elwell, said: “During this incredibly difficult time, we are delighted to be able to bring exciting and adventurous children’s theatre to households right across the world.
“Technology can bring the cultural and creative world inside your home and we look forward to seeing how Half Moon Theatre at Home delights the community and provides a chance to continue to explore new horizons.”
Every Wednesday a new production will be available at halfmoon.org.uk/live
You may also want to watch:
Already online are the award-nominated Boy’s Don’t, a Half Moon Presents and Papertale production for ages eight to 12 year olds and adults, plus a co-production with Tangled Feet of Butterflies, for ages three to eight.
Future productions include the award-winning What Once Was Ours from April 8, and Little Help from April 15.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
Further titles are to be announced.