Cheers! Mixologists shake up nostalgic cocktails at Stepney Green care home
- Credit: Hawthorn Green
Cocktails inspired by memories from the past were created to help the folk at a Stepney Green care home share their stories.
The pop-up event at Hawthorn Green Care Home in Redmans Road was put on by mixologists who “distilled” the memories to create cocktail drinks to help nostalgic chats with carers and companions.
They included Betty White's personalised triple berry margarita.
“My favourite thing about summer is the fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries,” the 76-year-old recalled. “I enjoyed a bowl of berries that we’d always have as a child, sitting in the garden after lunch in the sunshine.”
Betty, who grew up in Wales and came to the Stepney care home from Dagenham in 2013, liked "the pinky-red juice colouring" the berries made, which captured her childhood memories “just perfectly”.
You may also want to watch:
The cocktail bash took the residents down memory lane for an afternoon of sheer nostalgia.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start