In pictures: Meet the Royal London Babies
- Credit: Archant
This little bundle of joy arrived at the Royal London Hospital just a minute after the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her son.
The little girl, who may be called Asiya or Zakiyya, was born at 4.25pm on Monday (July 22) weighing 6lbs and 2ozs to parents Jubeda Hamidi and Asad Zaman.
She was one of eight babies born at the hospital in Whitechapel to share their birthday with the heir and the future King of England.
Asad said the couple were excited that their baby, their third, was born on such an auspicious day.
Asad, from Jamaica Street, in Stepney Green, said: “It’s great. We are never going to forget the date and she can always say ‘I’m the same age as the King.’
You may also want to watch:
“The first ever baby is always memorable but this one is going to be extra memorable.”
Alice Chinyama, ward manager and specialist midwife at the Royal London, said all the expectant mothers had been very excited that they were going into labour on the same day as the Duchess of Cambridge.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out