In pictures: Meet the Royal London Babies
- Credit: Archant
This little bundle of joy arrived at the Royal London Hospital just a minute after the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her son.
The little girl, who may be called Asiya or Zakiyya, was born at 4.25pm on Monday (July 22) weighing 6lbs and 2ozs to parents Jubeda Hamidi and Asad Zaman.
She was one of eight babies born at the hospital in Whitechapel to share their birthday with the heir and the future King of England.
Asad said the couple were excited that their baby, their third, was born on such an auspicious day.
Asad, from Jamaica Street, in Stepney Green, said: “It’s great. We are never going to forget the date and she can always say ‘I’m the same age as the King.’
You may also want to watch:
“The first ever baby is always memorable but this one is going to be extra memorable.”
Alice Chinyama, ward manager and specialist midwife at the Royal London, said all the expectant mothers had been very excited that they were going into labour on the same day as the Duchess of Cambridge.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel