In pictures: Meet the Royal London Babies
- Credit: Archant
This little bundle of joy arrived at the Royal London Hospital just a minute after the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her son.
The little girl, who may be called Asiya or Zakiyya, was born at 4.25pm on Monday (July 22) weighing 6lbs and 2ozs to parents Jubeda Hamidi and Asad Zaman.
She was one of eight babies born at the hospital in Whitechapel to share their birthday with the heir and the future King of England.
Asad said the couple were excited that their baby, their third, was born on such an auspicious day.
Asad, from Jamaica Street, in Stepney Green, said: “It’s great. We are never going to forget the date and she can always say ‘I’m the same age as the King.’
“The first ever baby is always memorable but this one is going to be extra memorable.”
Alice Chinyama, ward manager and specialist midwife at the Royal London, said all the expectant mothers had been very excited that they were going into labour on the same day as the Duchess of Cambridge.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents