In pictures: Meet the Royal London Babies
- Credit: Archant
This little bundle of joy arrived at the Royal London Hospital just a minute after the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her son.
The little girl, who may be called Asiya or Zakiyya, was born at 4.25pm on Monday (July 22) weighing 6lbs and 2ozs to parents Jubeda Hamidi and Asad Zaman.
She was one of eight babies born at the hospital in Whitechapel to share their birthday with the heir and the future King of England.
Asad said the couple were excited that their baby, their third, was born on such an auspicious day.
Asad, from Jamaica Street, in Stepney Green, said: “It’s great. We are never going to forget the date and she can always say ‘I’m the same age as the King.’
You may also want to watch:
“The first ever baby is always memorable but this one is going to be extra memorable.”
Alice Chinyama, ward manager and specialist midwife at the Royal London, said all the expectant mothers had been very excited that they were going into labour on the same day as the Duchess of Cambridge.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report