Independent hospital tackles East End obesity with no-fee consultations
Weight loss consultations are being offered free by an independent hospital in the fight against obesity in London’s East End.
Up to a third of the population in Tower Hamlets is classed as clinically obese.
Now the London Independent Hospital at Stepney Green is offering no-fee consultations until the end of May for anyone overweight to see if they are eligible for Bariatric or weight loss surgery.
“Bariatric surgery offers the answer for some people when all else fails,” said Surgeon Kesava Mannur.
“But it’s not the easy option—anyone undergoing surgery has to make dramatic changes to their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
The surgery can reduce diabetes in four-out-of-five overweight people, improve fertility among three-out-of-four and help restore life expectancy, the hospital points out. Consultations can be booked by phone on 0800-015 2187.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings