Independent hospital tackles East End obesity with no-fee consultations
Weight loss consultations are being offered free by an independent hospital in the fight against obesity in London’s East End.
Up to a third of the population in Tower Hamlets is classed as clinically obese.
Now the London Independent Hospital at Stepney Green is offering no-fee consultations until the end of May for anyone overweight to see if they are eligible for Bariatric or weight loss surgery.
“Bariatric surgery offers the answer for some people when all else fails,” said Surgeon Kesava Mannur.
“But it’s not the easy option—anyone undergoing surgery has to make dramatic changes to their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
The surgery can reduce diabetes in four-out-of-five overweight people, improve fertility among three-out-of-four and help restore life expectancy, the hospital points out. Consultations can be booked by phone on 0800-015 2187.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 8 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 9 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'