Isle of Dogs man sets up art group for people with mental health problems
- Credit: Archant
An art group has been set up to help people with mental health problems express their feelings and emotions.
Isle of Dogs resident Phillip Singh has secured funding for the user-led art group to support people during difficult times in their lives.
“I hope the group will provide a way for people to express themselves though art,” said the Westferry Road resident.
“I am someone who finds it quite difficult to express myself verbally. I
I think this approach could be helpful to others. One size doesn’t fit all. I find art is my language more than words.”
You may also want to watch:
The group will allow people to explore styles including abstract and pop art to help express themselves.
Workshops will be held every Wednesday evening from 6..30pm at Parish of Christ and St John church in Manchester Road on the Isle of Dogs.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
Anyone interested should contact Phillip on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 07956 391913.