Isle of Dogs man sets up art group for people with mental health problems
- Credit: Archant
An art group has been set up to help people with mental health problems express their feelings and emotions.
Isle of Dogs resident Phillip Singh has secured funding for the user-led art group to support people during difficult times in their lives.
“I hope the group will provide a way for people to express themselves though art,” said the Westferry Road resident.
“I am someone who finds it quite difficult to express myself verbally. I
I think this approach could be helpful to others. One size doesn’t fit all. I find art is my language more than words.”
You may also want to watch:
The group will allow people to explore styles including abstract and pop art to help express themselves.
Workshops will be held every Wednesday evening from 6..30pm at Parish of Christ and St John church in Manchester Road on the Isle of Dogs.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Anyone interested should contact Phillip on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 07956 391913.