Kids’ pedal power gets ‘smoothie’ ride at Victoria Park Sport & Heath festival
- Credit: Archant
It was ‘standing room only’ when youngsters queued up to operate the pedal-powered smoothie machine to make their own health drinks.
The pedal-powered smoothie mixer was the big attraction at the launch of the East End’s Sport & Health festival running till the end of the month.
The first day attracted 600 people to Victoria Park to get fit and active.
Youngsters challenged each other in basketball, tennis, inflatable horse riding, bungee running and even sumo wrestling, while there was dancing to the sound of music as Zumba teacher Maxine Jones encouraged people of all ages to join in.
But the big draw was the smoothie bike which operated the mixer. The kids chose the ingredients and mixed it themselves with their own pedal power.
You may also want to watch:
More events are being lined up, like the ‘day at the seaside’ planned at Mile End Play Park on Wednesday from 11am to 4pm, donkey rides included.
The final day is on the Isle of Dogs at Sir John McDougal Gardens in Westferry Road, Cubitt Town, from 11am to 4pm on August 30. All events are free, no booking.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 8 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water