Kids’ pedal power gets ‘smoothie’ ride at Victoria Park Sport & Heath festival
- Credit: Archant
It was ‘standing room only’ when youngsters queued up to operate the pedal-powered smoothie machine to make their own health drinks.
The pedal-powered smoothie mixer was the big attraction at the launch of the East End’s Sport & Health festival running till the end of the month.
The first day attracted 600 people to Victoria Park to get fit and active.
Youngsters challenged each other in basketball, tennis, inflatable horse riding, bungee running and even sumo wrestling, while there was dancing to the sound of music as Zumba teacher Maxine Jones encouraged people of all ages to join in.
But the big draw was the smoothie bike which operated the mixer. The kids chose the ingredients and mixed it themselves with their own pedal power.
You may also want to watch:
More events are being lined up, like the ‘day at the seaside’ planned at Mile End Play Park on Wednesday from 11am to 4pm, donkey rides included.
The final day is on the Isle of Dogs at Sir John McDougal Gardens in Westferry Road, Cubitt Town, from 11am to 4pm on August 30. All events are free, no booking.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report