Kids’ pedal power gets ‘smoothie’ ride at Victoria Park Sport & Heath festival
- Credit: Archant
It was ‘standing room only’ when youngsters queued up to operate the pedal-powered smoothie machine to make their own health drinks.
The pedal-powered smoothie mixer was the big attraction at the launch of the East End’s Sport & Health festival running till the end of the month.
The first day attracted 600 people to Victoria Park to get fit and active.
Youngsters challenged each other in basketball, tennis, inflatable horse riding, bungee running and even sumo wrestling, while there was dancing to the sound of music as Zumba teacher Maxine Jones encouraged people of all ages to join in.
But the big draw was the smoothie bike which operated the mixer. The kids chose the ingredients and mixed it themselves with their own pedal power.
You may also want to watch:
More events are being lined up, like the ‘day at the seaside’ planned at Mile End Play Park on Wednesday from 11am to 4pm, donkey rides included.
The final day is on the Isle of Dogs at Sir John McDougal Gardens in Westferry Road, Cubitt Town, from 11am to 4pm on August 30. All events are free, no booking.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets