NHS 70: Mile End Hospital hosts garden party to celebrate the NHS’ birthday
- Credit: Archant
Mile End Hospital joined in the celebrations for the NHS’ seventieth birthday last week.
Hundreds of people from Tower Hamlets joined staff on Thursday for a garden party to mark the landmark day.
The eclectic mix of entertainment included a baking competition, a Bollywood dance workshop, African drums, a mindfulness coach, a ‘smooth bike’ and displays celebrating the history of the NHS.
Linda Aldous, the director of nursing at the Bromley by Bow Health Partnership, said: “It was a fantastic event, really well-attended and with a great atmosphere.
“The party was a brilliant opportunity, not only to celebrate the seventieth birthday of the NHS, but to get together with colleagues from a range of healthcare organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
The hospital gardens were filled with 20 stalls giving out healthcare information, and there were stands selling food from different cultures.
People shared stories of their experiences with the NHS and discuss how it’s changed over seventy years.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72