NHS 70: Mile End Hospital hosts garden party to celebrate the NHS’ birthday
- Credit: Archant
Mile End Hospital joined in the celebrations for the NHS’ seventieth birthday last week.
Hundreds of people from Tower Hamlets joined staff on Thursday for a garden party to mark the landmark day.
The eclectic mix of entertainment included a baking competition, a Bollywood dance workshop, African drums, a mindfulness coach, a ‘smooth bike’ and displays celebrating the history of the NHS.
Linda Aldous, the director of nursing at the Bromley by Bow Health Partnership, said: “It was a fantastic event, really well-attended and with a great atmosphere.
“The party was a brilliant opportunity, not only to celebrate the seventieth birthday of the NHS, but to get together with colleagues from a range of healthcare organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
The hospital gardens were filled with 20 stalls giving out healthcare information, and there were stands selling food from different cultures.
People shared stories of their experiences with the NHS and discuss how it’s changed over seventy years.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them