NHS 70: Mile End Hospital hosts garden party to celebrate the NHS’ birthday
- Credit: Archant
Mile End Hospital joined in the celebrations for the NHS’ seventieth birthday last week.
Hundreds of people from Tower Hamlets joined staff on Thursday for a garden party to mark the landmark day.
The eclectic mix of entertainment included a baking competition, a Bollywood dance workshop, African drums, a mindfulness coach, a ‘smooth bike’ and displays celebrating the history of the NHS.
Linda Aldous, the director of nursing at the Bromley by Bow Health Partnership, said: “It was a fantastic event, really well-attended and with a great atmosphere.
“The party was a brilliant opportunity, not only to celebrate the seventieth birthday of the NHS, but to get together with colleagues from a range of healthcare organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
The hospital gardens were filled with 20 stalls giving out healthcare information, and there were stands selling food from different cultures.
People shared stories of their experiences with the NHS and discuss how it’s changed over seventy years.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week