NHS 70: Mile End Hospital hosts garden party to celebrate the NHS’ birthday
- Credit: Archant
Mile End Hospital joined in the celebrations for the NHS’ seventieth birthday last week.
Hundreds of people from Tower Hamlets joined staff on Thursday for a garden party to mark the landmark day.
The eclectic mix of entertainment included a baking competition, a Bollywood dance workshop, African drums, a mindfulness coach, a ‘smooth bike’ and displays celebrating the history of the NHS.
Linda Aldous, the director of nursing at the Bromley by Bow Health Partnership, said: “It was a fantastic event, really well-attended and with a great atmosphere.
“The party was a brilliant opportunity, not only to celebrate the seventieth birthday of the NHS, but to get together with colleagues from a range of healthcare organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
The hospital gardens were filled with 20 stalls giving out healthcare information, and there were stands selling food from different cultures.
People shared stories of their experiences with the NHS and discuss how it’s changed over seventy years.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift