More than 100 patients with Covid-19 at Barts Trust hospitals
- Credit: Alastair Lockhart LDR
There are more than 100 patients with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals.
As of 8am on August 4, the trust had 134 in-patients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London; The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Newham Hospital, Newham and Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, seven were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 35 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on August 3, a total of 1,856 patients hospitalised with Covid-19 at Barts hospitals have died.
You may also want to watch:
For the same period, 16,316 have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids