More than 140 Covid patients at Barts Health hospitals, latest figures show
- Credit: Mike Brooke
There are more than 100 patients with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals, according to the latest figures.
As of 8am on August 26 (Thurs), the trust had 143 in-patients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Newham Hospital and Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge, as well as St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London.
The figure constitutes a small rise on the 134 Covid-19 in-patients reported by the trust on August 4.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, ten were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 42 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on August 25, a total of 1,887 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health hospitals had died.
More than 17,000 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospital have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
- 7 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 10 Wrap a Hug: baby slings bring east London parents together