New panel will scrutinise patient care at The Royal London and Mile End hospitals
- Credit: Archant
Health chiefs are appealing for locals to join a new panel which will scrutinise the experience of patients at The Royal London and Mile End hospitals.
Anyone who is a patient at either hospital or cares for someone who is can sit on the panel run by Barts Health.
The panel will identify how to improve the experience for patients coming into the hospital and their families.
Member of the panel will meet for a few hours each month to discuss their findings.
Michael Moeller, associate director of nursing at The Royal London, said: “With health care at the heart of the community, we want local people to help us to put their experience central to our improvement plans.”
You may also want to watch:
In recent weeks The Royal London has seen its rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) improve from ‘inadequate’ to ‘requires improvement’.
Call the volunteering office on 020 3765 8896 for further information.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals