New panel will scrutinise patient care at The Royal London and Mile End hospitals
- Credit: Archant
Health chiefs are appealing for locals to join a new panel which will scrutinise the experience of patients at The Royal London and Mile End hospitals.
Anyone who is a patient at either hospital or cares for someone who is can sit on the panel run by Barts Health.
The panel will identify how to improve the experience for patients coming into the hospital and their families.
Member of the panel will meet for a few hours each month to discuss their findings.
Michael Moeller, associate director of nursing at The Royal London, said: “With health care at the heart of the community, we want local people to help us to put their experience central to our improvement plans.”
You may also want to watch:
In recent weeks The Royal London has seen its rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) improve from ‘inadequate’ to ‘requires improvement’.
Call the volunteering office on 020 3765 8896 for further information.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?