New panel will scrutinise patient care at The Royal London and Mile End hospitals
- Credit: Archant
Health chiefs are appealing for locals to join a new panel which will scrutinise the experience of patients at The Royal London and Mile End hospitals.
Anyone who is a patient at either hospital or cares for someone who is can sit on the panel run by Barts Health.
The panel will identify how to improve the experience for patients coming into the hospital and their families.
Member of the panel will meet for a few hours each month to discuss their findings.
Michael Moeller, associate director of nursing at The Royal London, said: “With health care at the heart of the community, we want local people to help us to put their experience central to our improvement plans.”
You may also want to watch:
In recent weeks The Royal London has seen its rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) improve from ‘inadequate’ to ‘requires improvement’.
Call the volunteering office on 020 3765 8896 for further information.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire