Nurse at Stepney Green hospital shortlisted for Nurse of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A nurse from a private hospital has been shortlisted for a prestigious nursing award by her colleagues.
Annie Ollivierre-Smith has worked as a cath lab manager and lead cardiac nurse at The London Independent Hospital in Beaumont Square, Stepney Green for the last 10 years.
In total she has clocked up 36 years of service to cardiac nursing in London and she has treated more than 26,500 patients.
Her executive director at the hospital, Kirsty Baker, said Annie had has “a monumental career in the field” and nominated her for Nurse of the Year at the Nursing Times Award.
On hearing about her award, Annie, from Enfield, said: “It is a great honour for me to be recognised in this way by The Nursing Times.
You may also want to watch:
“Having worked, both in the NHS and in the private sector, I am passionate about promoting cross working practices and over the years I have been able to help support, and call upon, my NHS colleagues when required to ensure all patients receive the highest standards of care and continuity across their treatment pathways,”
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report