Royal London Hospital nurses organise 100th birthday party for patient
- Credit: Archant
A patient at the Royal London Hospital didn’t let a fall stop her from celebrating her 100th birthday in style.
Florence Green, who lives in Chingford, had a fall at her home on New Year’s Eve.
When nurses realised her big day was fast approaching on January 4, they rallied around to organise a celebration.
Staff gave her a bedside birthday cake, balloons, banners and a cup of tea.
Florence, known as Flo, said she couldn’t thank the team enough. Having undergone surgery, they’re hoping she’ll be home soon to open her birthday card from the Queen.
You may also want to watch:
Ugochi Agbasimelo, senior nurse in trauma, orthopaedics and plastics at the Royal London, said: “Flo had a lovely time celebrating her 100th birthday, and we were delighted to celebrate it with her.
“We always like to put a smile on our patients’ faces, and the team did an incredible job rallying around to make sure Flo’s landmark birthday didn’t get missed simply because of being in hospital. I’m very proud.”
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 8 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs