Royal London Hospital nurses organise 100th birthday party for patient
- Credit: Archant
A patient at the Royal London Hospital didn’t let a fall stop her from celebrating her 100th birthday in style.
Florence Green, who lives in Chingford, had a fall at her home on New Year’s Eve.
When nurses realised her big day was fast approaching on January 4, they rallied around to organise a celebration.
Staff gave her a bedside birthday cake, balloons, banners and a cup of tea.
Florence, known as Flo, said she couldn’t thank the team enough. Having undergone surgery, they’re hoping she’ll be home soon to open her birthday card from the Queen.
You may also want to watch:
Ugochi Agbasimelo, senior nurse in trauma, orthopaedics and plastics at the Royal London, said: “Flo had a lovely time celebrating her 100th birthday, and we were delighted to celebrate it with her.
“We always like to put a smile on our patients’ faces, and the team did an incredible job rallying around to make sure Flo’s landmark birthday didn’t get missed simply because of being in hospital. I’m very proud.”
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges