Royal London Hospital nurses organise 100th birthday party for patient
- Credit: Archant
A patient at the Royal London Hospital didn’t let a fall stop her from celebrating her 100th birthday in style.
Florence Green, who lives in Chingford, had a fall at her home on New Year’s Eve.
When nurses realised her big day was fast approaching on January 4, they rallied around to organise a celebration.
Staff gave her a bedside birthday cake, balloons, banners and a cup of tea.
Florence, known as Flo, said she couldn’t thank the team enough. Having undergone surgery, they’re hoping she’ll be home soon to open her birthday card from the Queen.
You may also want to watch:
Ugochi Agbasimelo, senior nurse in trauma, orthopaedics and plastics at the Royal London, said: “Flo had a lovely time celebrating her 100th birthday, and we were delighted to celebrate it with her.
“We always like to put a smile on our patients’ faces, and the team did an incredible job rallying around to make sure Flo’s landmark birthday didn’t get missed simply because of being in hospital. I’m very proud.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow