Pharmacy offering free tailored quit-plans for smokers
A pharmacy is offering smokers in the East End a tailor-made plan to help them kick the habit.
Chris Chem Pharmacy in Mile End Road will also offer a free health check to every smoker who comes in for advice.
To mark No Smoking Day on March 9, pharmacist Chris Okworu posed with a giant cigarette, stamping it on the ground to highlight the cause.
He said: “All they have to do is walk in through our door and we’ll be there to assist them with all the help and encouragement they need.
“Quitting is often easier said than done with people trying an average of five times before they are successful, the cravings can leave you irritable, depressed and restless – so additional guidance can be essential.”
You may also want to watch:
Smokers will be given lung function tests, blood pressure and cholesterol checks and advice on the best nicotine replacement therapy for them.
It is hoped No Smoking Day will give people a fresh urge to quit.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
The pharmacy is offering the service with national programme All About Health.