Pharmacy offering free tailored quit-plans for smokers
A pharmacy is offering smokers in the East End a tailor-made plan to help them kick the habit.
Chris Chem Pharmacy in Mile End Road will also offer a free health check to every smoker who comes in for advice.
To mark No Smoking Day on March 9, pharmacist Chris Okworu posed with a giant cigarette, stamping it on the ground to highlight the cause.
He said: “All they have to do is walk in through our door and we’ll be there to assist them with all the help and encouragement they need.
“Quitting is often easier said than done with people trying an average of five times before they are successful, the cravings can leave you irritable, depressed and restless – so additional guidance can be essential.”
You may also want to watch:
Smokers will be given lung function tests, blood pressure and cholesterol checks and advice on the best nicotine replacement therapy for them.
It is hoped No Smoking Day will give people a fresh urge to quit.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley
The pharmacy is offering the service with national programme All About Health.