Pharmacy offering free tailored quit-plans for smokers
A pharmacy is offering smokers in the East End a tailor-made plan to help them kick the habit.
Chris Chem Pharmacy in Mile End Road will also offer a free health check to every smoker who comes in for advice.
To mark No Smoking Day on March 9, pharmacist Chris Okworu posed with a giant cigarette, stamping it on the ground to highlight the cause.
He said: “All they have to do is walk in through our door and we’ll be there to assist them with all the help and encouragement they need.
“Quitting is often easier said than done with people trying an average of five times before they are successful, the cravings can leave you irritable, depressed and restless – so additional guidance can be essential.”
Smokers will be given lung function tests, blood pressure and cholesterol checks and advice on the best nicotine replacement therapy for them.
It is hoped No Smoking Day will give people a fresh urge to quit.
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
The pharmacy is offering the service with national programme All About Health.