Pharmacy offering free tailored quit-plans for smokers
A pharmacy is offering smokers in the East End a tailor-made plan to help them kick the habit.
Chris Chem Pharmacy in Mile End Road will also offer a free health check to every smoker who comes in for advice.
To mark No Smoking Day on March 9, pharmacist Chris Okworu posed with a giant cigarette, stamping it on the ground to highlight the cause.
He said: “All they have to do is walk in through our door and we’ll be there to assist them with all the help and encouragement they need.
“Quitting is often easier said than done with people trying an average of five times before they are successful, the cravings can leave you irritable, depressed and restless – so additional guidance can be essential.”
You may also want to watch:
Smokers will be given lung function tests, blood pressure and cholesterol checks and advice on the best nicotine replacement therapy for them.
It is hoped No Smoking Day will give people a fresh urge to quit.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
The pharmacy is offering the service with national programme All About Health.