Pritchard’s Road Day centre to hold mental health open day
Pritchard’s Road Day Centre is set to hold an open day next week for World Mental Health Day.
The Bethnal Green venue will host a fashion show and information stalls, as well as music and displays, on October 12 between 10am and 3pm.
World Mental Health Day is celebrated around the world on October 10 and throughout the month to raise awareness about mental health issues.
For more information on support available in your area, visit the East London NHS Foundation Trust’s website at www.eastlondon.nhs.uk
The Trust’s top tips for mental wellbeing are:
You may also want to watch:
• Talk about it – it can help to share your feelings
• Keep active – regular exercise really helps if you are feeling depressed or anxious. It can give you more energy too
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
• Relax – try and make time for yourself. Fit things into your day that help you to unwind like reading, listening to music or walking
• Keep in touch with friends – friends are important, especially at difficult times. You don’t have to be strong and struggle alone
• Accept who you are – our beliefs, background, culture, religion and experiences make us who we are. Everyone is entitled to respect including you
• Accept others – it’s easy to feel threatened or intimidated by people who are different. Everyone has something to offer
• Get involved – meeting new people and getting involved in things can make all the difference, for you and others. It can be very rewarding