Covid-19 rapid testing site opens in Canary Wharf
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Council
A rapid Covid-19 testing site for people without symptoms has opened in Canary Wharf.
Located on level -2 of Jubilee Place mall, it's the third community testing site in the borough - providing rapid testing for key workers, those who can't work from home, or people who live with someone in these groups.
As many as one in three people with Covid-19 don’t have symptoms and these sites help to quickly identify asymptomatic cases.
Mayor John Biggs said: “Effective community testing is key in controlling the spread of Covid-19, so having this new site in London’s business hub will be indispensable.”
Rapid tests, also known as lateral flow tests, provide results in less than 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who tests positive must self-isolate for 10 days.
The new site, which is currently walk-in only, is open 7.30am-4.30pm daily.
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/testing for more information about test sites.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo