Covid-19 rapid testing site opens in Canary Wharf
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Council
A rapid Covid-19 testing site for people without symptoms has opened in Canary Wharf.
Located on level -2 of Jubilee Place mall, it's the third community testing site in the borough - providing rapid testing for key workers, those who can't work from home, or people who live with someone in these groups.
As many as one in three people with Covid-19 don’t have symptoms and these sites help to quickly identify asymptomatic cases.
Mayor John Biggs said: “Effective community testing is key in controlling the spread of Covid-19, so having this new site in London’s business hub will be indispensable.”
Rapid tests, also known as lateral flow tests, provide results in less than 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who tests positive must self-isolate for 10 days.
The new site, which is currently walk-in only, is open 7.30am-4.30pm daily.
Visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/testing for more information about test sites.
- 1 Stepney Green hero volunteering seven days a week since pandemic began
- 2 Arrests as police step up drugs raids
- 3 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 4 Why Tower Hamlets should be a 'royal' borough after Covid
- 5 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 'War of words' at Tower Hamlets cabinet meeting stops library closures
- 7 Hunt for three men after 90-year-old's Bethnal Green home is burgled
- 8 Chinese embassy: Councillors raise concerns over plans
- 9 Illegal rave raided by police at disused railway arch in Bow
- 10 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?