Rapper Prof Green set for gig in Shoreditch for Royal London trauma research
- Credit: Barts NHS Charity
Rap performer Professor Green puts on a one-off gig next month to raise funds for trauma research and care at the Royal London Hospital.
Every penny is going to Bart’s NHS charity’s £1 million fundraising campaign to help reduce the 17,000 injury trauma deaths in Britain every year.
“Trauma is something I’ve had personal experience of,” the TV presenter-cum-rapper reveals. “But I didn’t realise how big the issue was.
“People don’t recognise being hit by a bus, stabbed, or caught up in a terrorist incident as the same thing—but they all result in ‘trauma’ injury.”
Professor Green is joined by upcoming ‘grime’ artists at the gig being staged at Village Underground club at Holywell Lane in Shoreditch on September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Trauma is said to be the biggest fatality of under 40s, from violence, road accidents, falls, terrorist acts and fires. Yet it gets less than one per cent of the country’s medical research funding, the Bart’s charity points out.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets