Rapper Prof Green set for gig in Shoreditch for Royal London trauma research
- Credit: Barts NHS Charity
Rap performer Professor Green puts on a one-off gig next month to raise funds for trauma research and care at the Royal London Hospital.
Every penny is going to Bart’s NHS charity’s £1 million fundraising campaign to help reduce the 17,000 injury trauma deaths in Britain every year.
“Trauma is something I’ve had personal experience of,” the TV presenter-cum-rapper reveals. “But I didn’t realise how big the issue was.
“People don’t recognise being hit by a bus, stabbed, or caught up in a terrorist incident as the same thing—but they all result in ‘trauma’ injury.”
Professor Green is joined by upcoming ‘grime’ artists at the gig being staged at Village Underground club at Holywell Lane in Shoreditch on September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Trauma is said to be the biggest fatality of under 40s, from violence, road accidents, falls, terrorist acts and fires. Yet it gets less than one per cent of the country’s medical research funding, the Bart’s charity points out.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election