Ricardo Macedo dials up phone app boot camp at Tower of London
- Credit: Phones 4u
Fitness guru Ricardo Macedo is running a tortuous ‘boot camp’ in the shadows of the Tower of London where those taking part go on a three-mile jog to Big Ben.
The trainer to the stars was ‘engaged’ by a phone supplier to run the camp with an intensive 60 minute workout—and there’s no ‘network charge’ to take part.
“It’s aimed to get muscles exerting maximum force in as short a time as possible to increase speed and power,” Ricardo explained.
“Those taking part will need to be constantly thinking on their feet and anticipating what will come next to know the best way of moving and adapting their bodies to the urban challenge—they’ll burn 800 calories a session.”
The camp, opened by Phones 4u to market a health-tracking app with Samsung’s Galaxy S4, involves upper and core body exercises as well as Parkour, the physical discipline of moving freely over urban terrain using only the body’s own abilities through running, jumping, climbing and ‘quadrupedal’ movement.
You may also want to watch:
Ricardo’s camp begins 6.30pm every Tuesday and Thursday until July 4, starting at Tower Hill with warm-up lunges, plyometric exercises, parkour movement using rocks, walls and gates, then a sprint to the Millennium Bridge for a full body blast before crossing the finishing line at Big Ben.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets