Patient at The Royal London Hospital tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Mike Brooke
A patient at The Royal London Hospital has tested positive for coronavirus.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which runs the Whitechapel hospital, confirmed that the patient has been put into an isolation room for treatment.
A spokeswoman for Barts Health NHS Trust said: 'We can confirm that one inpatient at The Royal London has tested positive for coronavirus and is being treated in an isolation room.
'Patients and staff who were in close contact with the confirmed case have been contacted in line with Public Health England guidance.'
As of 9am this morning (Tuesday, March 10) there have been a total of 373 people diagnosed with Covid-19 in the UK. Six have died.
You may also want to watch:
The new total of 373 means the UK has the fifth highest number of confirmed cases in Europe, according to the World Health Organisation, behind Italy, France, Germany and Spain.
- 1 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 7 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 8 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 9 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 10 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents