Santa in high-tech North Pole video link to Royal London Hospital’s young patients
- Credit: Barts NHS trust
Santa has upgraded his grotto operation for the high-tech 21st century with a video link direct from the North Pole to the children spending Christmas at the Royal London Hospital.
He was beamed live to Whitechapel yesterday on a floor-to-ceiling TV screen using a ‘Connected Santa’ IT programme to speak to each child at the hospital’s ‘healing space’—just as if they were in Santa’s regular grotto.
“Being in hospital this time of year often means children miss out on the magic of Christmas,” the hospital’s Tara Shea explained.
“That includes visiting Santa, so the IT programme means assurance that the reindeer know exactly how to get to them on Christmas Eve.”
The hospital’s healing space was transformed into a winter wonderland, where the children were greeted with a “Ho Ho Ho” by Santa on screen.
You may also want to watch:
Added to Santa’s 21st century makeover was women’s equality champion Mary Claus who turned up with her apprentice elves.
The ‘Connected Santa’ programme by Cisco IT gave the children a chance to “speak directly to Father Christmas in the North Pole” while Mary Claus and her elf helpers handed out the presents.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets