Snoring partners keep us up all night in Tower Hamlets, study says
Snoring spouses are keeping each other up all night, according to new research.
A study by doctors at the private BMI The London Independent Hospital found 69 per cent of Tower Hamlets residents said snoring had caused arguments or affected their sleep.
And experts warned that if it is becoming an issue, people should visit their GPs.
Consultant surgeon Mr Darren Gillett said: “Many people may not think that they could visit their GP about their snoring.
“But it is always important to visit your GP so they can perform an assessment and suggest the best available treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
Snoring is caused by muscles in the mouth and throat relaxing and obstructing airways, and usually affects people more as they get older.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted