Staff at London Independent Hospital walk length of England for health
- Credit: BMI Lond Indy Hosp
Hospital staff in London’s East End are backing a campaign for healthier living by making an example of themselves and walking the equivalent of the length of England—almost 400 miles.
Even bosses at the London Independent Hospital in Stepney Green are putting their backs into it recording their physical activity during the campaign.
“We hope to smash through the target we set,” said clinical services director Laura Eviston. “We want to show the easy and manageable steps people can take to help them on a road to a healthier lifestyle and decided on the virtual target of the length of England.
“A little bit of exercise taken each day can make a difference to people’s lives.”
So staff are walking, running and jogging to reach the 398-mile target during the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets has one of Britain’s highest rates of heart disease, they point out. The hospital is urging people to make a pledge for long-term health benefits by improving diet, moving more, quitting smoking and drinking less alcohol.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns