Stoptober starts tomorrow - East London smokers, tell us your stories
- Credit: Andrey Kiselev - Fotolia
A national campaign to help people quit smoking will start tomorrow.
The Stoptober campaign challenge calls on smokers to kick the habit for 28 days.
Those who stop smoking for the month and don’t smoke again could gain an extra week of life for each 28 days they give up.
As well as the obvious health benefits, stopping smoking will save the average smoker £150 a week, or £2,000.
Last year 160,000 people in the UK successfully completed the challenge, saving £25 million on cigarettes.
You may also want to watch:
Are any East London residents planning to take on the challenge?
Share your tips and tricks on how to kick the habit with email@example.com.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt