Walk a mile in Mile End
EAST Enders of all ages are invited to a walking challenge hosted by Tower Hamlets’ Healthy Borough programme in Mile End Park tomorrow (Wednesday).
Participants are welcome to walk or run a mile at their own pace through the park. You can keep track of how far you walk and calculate your fitness by swiping a card at certain marked points throughout the course- a new technology in Mile End.
You can then view this data on a personal webpage and keep track of your progress.
Special guest includes Dr William Bird, who was awarded an MBE this year for his contributions to health and physical activity. He has conducted multiple successful programmes in the UK encouraging healthy habits.
Briskly walking a mile burns just as many calories as running the same distance. By hosting this event, Tower Hamlets hopes to encourage East Londoners to incorporate more exercise like walking into their daily lives.
You may also want to watch:
The event begins at 3pm at King George V gate in Rhodeswell Road. To find out more about walking in Tower Hamlets, go to www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/walking
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 9 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 10 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places