Walk a mile in Mile End
EAST Enders of all ages are invited to a walking challenge hosted by Tower Hamlets’ Healthy Borough programme in Mile End Park tomorrow (Wednesday).
Participants are welcome to walk or run a mile at their own pace through the park. You can keep track of how far you walk and calculate your fitness by swiping a card at certain marked points throughout the course- a new technology in Mile End.
You can then view this data on a personal webpage and keep track of your progress.
Special guest includes Dr William Bird, who was awarded an MBE this year for his contributions to health and physical activity. He has conducted multiple successful programmes in the UK encouraging healthy habits.
Briskly walking a mile burns just as many calories as running the same distance. By hosting this event, Tower Hamlets hopes to encourage East Londoners to incorporate more exercise like walking into their daily lives.
You may also want to watch:
The event begins at 3pm at King George V gate in Rhodeswell Road. To find out more about walking in Tower Hamlets, go to www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/walking
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs