Walk a mile in Mile End
EAST Enders of all ages are invited to a walking challenge hosted by Tower Hamlets’ Healthy Borough programme in Mile End Park tomorrow (Wednesday).
Participants are welcome to walk or run a mile at their own pace through the park. You can keep track of how far you walk and calculate your fitness by swiping a card at certain marked points throughout the course- a new technology in Mile End.
You can then view this data on a personal webpage and keep track of your progress.
Special guest includes Dr William Bird, who was awarded an MBE this year for his contributions to health and physical activity. He has conducted multiple successful programmes in the UK encouraging healthy habits.
Briskly walking a mile burns just as many calories as running the same distance. By hosting this event, Tower Hamlets hopes to encourage East Londoners to incorporate more exercise like walking into their daily lives.
You may also want to watch:
The event begins at 3pm at King George V gate in Rhodeswell Road. To find out more about walking in Tower Hamlets, go to www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/walking
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus