Walk a mile in Mile End
EAST Enders of all ages are invited to a walking challenge hosted by Tower Hamlets’ Healthy Borough programme in Mile End Park tomorrow (Wednesday).
Participants are welcome to walk or run a mile at their own pace through the park. You can keep track of how far you walk and calculate your fitness by swiping a card at certain marked points throughout the course- a new technology in Mile End.
You can then view this data on a personal webpage and keep track of your progress.
Special guest includes Dr William Bird, who was awarded an MBE this year for his contributions to health and physical activity. He has conducted multiple successful programmes in the UK encouraging healthy habits.
Briskly walking a mile burns just as many calories as running the same distance. By hosting this event, Tower Hamlets hopes to encourage East Londoners to incorporate more exercise like walking into their daily lives.
You may also want to watch:
The event begins at 3pm at King George V gate in Rhodeswell Road. To find out more about walking in Tower Hamlets, go to www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/walking
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt