Work begins on new BMX track in Poplar
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Council
Work has begun on a new BMX track in Poplar.
The track, which is being built on the south east side of Langdon Park, is due for completion in April.
The track is being funded by £87,000 contributed by developers and £10,000 is coming from Tower Hamlets Public Health.
Mayor John Biggs said: “This is a fantastic new facility for our borough and it will contribute to healthy activity in our parks.
“It is great to see this cycling track delivered in the east of the borough at Langdon Park. We are working in partnership to deliver the Olympic legacy and promote cycling in the borough.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the BMX Olympic legacy, charity Access Sports has worked with all five Olympic host boroughs to build BMX tracks.
The popularity of the Mile End BMX Track was a key factor behind the council’s decision to build a second facility.
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 8 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them