Work begins on new BMX track in Poplar
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Council
Work has begun on a new BMX track in Poplar.
The track, which is being built on the south east side of Langdon Park, is due for completion in April.
The track is being funded by £87,000 contributed by developers and £10,000 is coming from Tower Hamlets Public Health.
Mayor John Biggs said: “This is a fantastic new facility for our borough and it will contribute to healthy activity in our parks.
“It is great to see this cycling track delivered in the east of the borough at Langdon Park. We are working in partnership to deliver the Olympic legacy and promote cycling in the borough.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the BMX Olympic legacy, charity Access Sports has worked with all five Olympic host boroughs to build BMX tracks.
The popularity of the Mile End BMX Track was a key factor behind the council’s decision to build a second facility.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 5 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 6 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block