Work begins on new BMX track in Poplar
- Credit: Tower Hamlets Council
Work has begun on a new BMX track in Poplar.
The track, which is being built on the south east side of Langdon Park, is due for completion in April.
The track is being funded by £87,000 contributed by developers and £10,000 is coming from Tower Hamlets Public Health.
Mayor John Biggs said: “This is a fantastic new facility for our borough and it will contribute to healthy activity in our parks.
“It is great to see this cycling track delivered in the east of the borough at Langdon Park. We are working in partnership to deliver the Olympic legacy and promote cycling in the borough.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the BMX Olympic legacy, charity Access Sports has worked with all five Olympic host boroughs to build BMX tracks.
The popularity of the Mile End BMX Track was a key factor behind the council’s decision to build a second facility.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 9 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations