York Hall in Bethnal Green offering classes for national swimming challenge
- Credit: Archant
Training classes are being offered at York Hall, as part of a national swimming challenge.
British Gas launched SwimBritain with the aim of encouraging 500,000 more people to swim regularly by 2015. As part of the programme the leisure centre in Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, is running swimming classes on Monday and Tuesday mornings.
The sessions will be followed by a team relay event at London Fields lido in Hackney in late September.
The relays are designed for teams of four and are aimed at both children and adults.
The SwimBritain challenge consists of a relay in 250m legs. Each team member swims four legs, 1,000m in total, to reach the team goal of 4000m.
You may also want to watch:
Little SwimBritain is a relay in 125m legs for families and children aged between eight and 16. Each team must include at least one adult. Each team member swims four legs, 500m total, to reach the team goal of 2000m.
Each SwimBritain participant is offered four coaching sessions and online training material.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Visit www.swimbritain.co.uk/signup to sign up. Fees range from £10 to £29.