York Hall in Bethnal Green offering classes for national swimming challenge
- Credit: Archant
Training classes are being offered at York Hall, as part of a national swimming challenge.
British Gas launched SwimBritain with the aim of encouraging 500,000 more people to swim regularly by 2015. As part of the programme the leisure centre in Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, is running swimming classes on Monday and Tuesday mornings.
The sessions will be followed by a team relay event at London Fields lido in Hackney in late September.
The relays are designed for teams of four and are aimed at both children and adults.
The SwimBritain challenge consists of a relay in 250m legs. Each team member swims four legs, 1,000m in total, to reach the team goal of 4000m.
You may also want to watch:
Little SwimBritain is a relay in 125m legs for families and children aged between eight and 16. Each team must include at least one adult. Each team member swims four legs, 500m total, to reach the team goal of 2000m.
Each SwimBritain participant is offered four coaching sessions and online training material.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
Visit www.swimbritain.co.uk/signup to sign up. Fees range from £10 to £29.